Steps to follow for a new roof replacement.
A new roof replacement is a significant investment and can be overwhelming for homeowners. Whether it’s a result of age, storm damage, or wear and tear, the process of getting a new roof can be stressful.
In this guide, we’ll provide you with the necessary steps to ensure a seamless process, from preparing for the installation to the final inspection. By following these steps, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your new roof is in good hands.
Making a plan for your roof replacement.
- Contact McCoy Roofing, an experienced, reputable, and established contractor in your community.
- Discuss new roof replacement options with McCoy Roofing, as they may impact the roof.
- Have a pre-project visit from us and ask any questions to gain a complete understanding of the new roof replacement process..
- Consider your area’s style, durability, cost, and climate when selecting roofing shingles.
- Obtain multiple quotes and ask questions to understand the costs involved fully.
- Determine your budget and financing options for the average cost to tear off and replace roofs.
- Courtesy to your neighbors by informing them of the scheduled installation date for your new roof.
Protect your home with these 7 new roof replacement tips.
- Clear patio furniture, grills, and toys from the yard and sidewalks to protect them from debris.
- Move cars out of the driveway and encourage visitors to park on the street.
- Remove valuable property or heirlooms from the attic, or consider tarping them if they are too big.
- Secure shelves and remove mirrors and hanging frames from top-floor rooms.
- Consider activities away from home during roofing installation, as it can be loud.
- Find an alternative place for pets to hang out during installation.
- Cover landscaping and flower beds with plastic or a tarp.
Complete the roof replacement experience.
- Request a one-on-one discussion with us to walk your home’s perimeter and get a complete description of their work.
- Verify that your roofer used a magnetic sweeper to pick up loose nails. If you see any, ask them to rake and re-sweep the yard.
- Check landscaping, gutters, patios, and the driveway for other debris, and ask your contractor for help with cleanup.
- Use binoculars from your yard to visually check your new roof and ask any questions you have.
- Protect your new investment by getting important documents in writing, including a building permit, a written work contract with insurance coverage, and a copy of the manufacturer’s warranty.
- If you have a satellite receiver on the roof, contact the provider for an appointment to recalibrate the dish after the roof project is complete. Consider scheduling in advance due to possible wait times.