McCoy Roofing Terms & Conditions
Last Updated 05-10-21
The Purchaser Acknowledges:
- The Purchaser/Homeowner has read the Contract/Agreement, has received a copy of this agreement,
and furthermore agrees that it is a legal & binding contract provided that the provisions and terms have
- McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. is granted the right of first refusal to perform work approved by the
homeowner’s insurance company if the contract terms and the cost hereby exceeds approved work.
- Homeowner gives McCoy Roofing the right to communicate with their insurance company directly.
- All surplus job materials belong to the McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. The customer will supply electricity to
perform the work. The company will perform all work in workmanship like manner according to local
building codes and specifications.
- (A) Note: If more layers are found during installation, there will be an additional charge of $30 per layer
per square (100 sq. ft.) of asphalt, $45 per layer per square (100 sq. ft.) of wood shingles. (B) Rotten or
Deteriorated Wood: McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. will install approved exterior-grade sheathing where needed.
Unless specifically stated under “Special Instructions”, no charge or estimate has been made to replace
such rotten wood. If such conditions are found during installation, an additional charge in accordance with
current *Xactimate® pricing for all decking and construction products/materials will be added.
- Replacement of deteriorated decking, fascia board, ventilators, flashing, or other materials, is not
included and will be charged as an extra, unless otherwise stated herein.
- McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. is not responsible to provide any materials or perform any work other than what
is described in Agreement, including electrical wiring of fans.
- McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. is not responsible for electrical work or any permits required for electrical
work. McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. recommends all homeowners contact a licensed electrician for any
electrical work needed.
- This contract is subject to final approval by the McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. as is the entire agreement. No
other written or oral terms will be recognized.
- The purchaser may cancel this contract by: McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. receiving written notice at the office prior to midnight of the third business day after the date of this contract. Any work not performed by McCoy Roofing that is part of the original contract is subject to 10% of the approved total agreed amount and any supplemental amounts.
- All material is guaranteed and warrantied as selected per Agreement; all information is obtainable through manufacturer.
- McCoy Roofing does not warranty old skylights that are not replaced during a full reroof project.
- Upon completion of work, customer agrees to pay the balance of the contract including any applicable insurance claim readjustments, supplements and/or overhead & profit.
- Unpaid balances (beyond 30 days) shall be subject to a 5% monthly finance charge and will void all warranty terms.
- McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. will not be liable for failure, delays, or damages caused by strikes, labor shortages or controversies, changes in the work, fires, weather, inability to obtain or delays in obtaining materials from usual sources, or other conditions beyond the control of McCoy Roofing, L.L.C.
- McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. is not responsible for damage to any items in Homeowner’s attic where work is performed; any valuables should be covered or moved by Homeowner. McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. is not, responsible for any damage to solar panels located on the roof which occurs during the course of work performed. McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. does not assume any liability for any work performed by others that is not covered by this Agreement.
- McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. shall use reasonable efforts to protect existing landscaping, exterior siding, gutters, and other building components from damage. McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. will not be responsible for minor damage to building structure or landscaping which occurs during the normal course of work performed.
- McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. is not responsible for imperfections on home/building that exist prior to new application, unless arrangements are made to repair that structure, including damage to drywall (nail pops and small cracks) that may occur due to normal roofing installation.
- 19. The liability of McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. for any claims arising out of this Agreement, regardless of the form of action, shall not exceed the amount paid by Homeowner to McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. under this Agreement.
- In the event legal action is required to enforce payment, Homeowner will be responsible for reasonable attorney fees and any court costs incurred in bringing such legal action and/or enforcing any judgment granted therein, plus interest at the state’s legal rate from the date of accrual of such fees and costs, all of which shall be deemed to have accrued upon the commencement of such action and shall be paid whether or not such action is prosecuted to judgment. Any judgment or order entered in such action shall contain a specific provision providing for the recovery of attorney fees and costs incurred in enforcing such judgment.
- This Agreement and the services provided by McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. hereunder are governed by the terms and conditions set forth at https://mccoyroofing.com/terms-and-conditions (the “McCoy Roofing Ts&Cs”). The McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. Ts&Cs are subject to change from time to time. By executing this Agreement and/or accepting services from McCoy Roofing, L.L.C., customer acknowledges receipt of, agrees to and accepts McCoy Roofing, L.L.C. Ts&Cs.
*Xactimate® is a computer software system for estimating construction costs that has become widely used by insurance companies. Most major insurance company adjusters use Xactimate® to calculate building damage, repair, and rebuilding costs.